24 November 2009

Railmodeller Mac Fast-Track Library

I was thinking about my track plan and playing with my copy of Railmodeller for Mac and thought it would have been nice to have a railset for turnouts built using Fast-Track tools.

I googled for a while but didn't find anything. So, I decided to build one by myself. I printed out the track templates for N scale #6, #8 and 10# turnouts and started to create a library of symbols with components as close as possible to the templates.

I did a few printouts of the turnouts I created and seems they match quite nicely with the Fast-Track templates. Now, I can start to design my layout with a good approximation of the real result.

The library is still in "beta" and probably I'll have to correct few errors and problems but so far it's not too bad at all.

Contact me if you want to give it a try, it's distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 Italy License

See you soon...

No comments: