03 January 2011

Layout Project, Version 2.3

Back again to the design stage.
During last weeks I found some very interesting images of the area I want to model, in particular from Bing.com aerial images. Some of them made me rethink my project since the area around what I called Pacific Rim Transport & Storage looks very different from what I designed.

These are some of the images I captured from Bing where you can see how the tracks are arranged.


The spur to serve the Ninth Ave Terminal building is on the sea side and it's made of two tracks with a runaround. So I decided to change the layout a little to have what I called version 2.3 (while this is the earlier version).


I also made few changes to the tracks close to Embarcadero Ave. and expanded the area covered by the sea water. Any feedback is warmly welcome.

See you soon...

No comments: