15 October 2009

Fast-Track order

Today my first order to Fast-Track has arrived. After thinking about whether to go for self made turnouts or not a couple of weeks ago I made my mind and placed an order for everything needed to build few #6 code 55 N scale turnouts.

Since I discovered the Fast-Track website I was impressed by the quality of their products and the engineering process behind their construction. Eventually, I decided to give me a chance to experiment with building my own turnouts.

Basically, I ordered the #6 fixture, the point and stock-rail filing tool, few code 55 rails and few #6 turnout quickstick to get started.

The shipment was perfect and arrived right on time. Included in the package was also a very nice N scale sign with the Fast-Track logo and a laser-cut tool to better handle the hex key required to tighten the point or stock-rail tool.

So far I'd give ten out of ten to Fast-Track product and service. Hopefully, my self-constructed turnouts won't be too much worse than that!

See you soon...

No comments: